Cryptocurrency IRA LLCS: How you can invest your IRA into cryptocurrency
What is a Self-Directed IRA?
- A Self-Directed IRA LLC (SDIRA) is a type of individual retirement account (IRA) which allows you to use your IRA funds to purchase tangible assets such as real estate, precious metals, or other alternative assets like Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Self-Directed IRAs are similar to traditional IRAs, but they provide more investment options to IRA holders.
- A Bitcoin IRA or Cryptocurrency IRA can be established by you, or with an IRA company or custodian.
- Many Bitcoin IRA companies and custodians will provide you with “forms” that may, or may not, meet your legal needs.
- Our firm can create and file a specialized LLC with the State of Florida to serve as a vehicle for you to use when using your retirement assets to invest in cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin.
- Once you have an LLC established to be owned by your IRA, you can begin your alternative investments. The requirements for opening an LLC vary from county to county. Our law firm is well aware of these requirements and will give you peace of mind that your LLC is established correctly.
MURPHY & BERGLUND, PLLC AND ANY REPRESENTATIVE THEREOF, IS NOT A FIDUCIARY UNDER ERISA AND DO NOT OFFER TAX ADVICE, DO NOT PROVIDE INVESTMENT ADVICE, DO NOT SELL INVESTMENTS, DO NOT EVALUATE, RECOMMEND, OR ENDORSE ANY ADVISORY FIRM OR INVESTMENTS. INVESTMENTS ARE NOT FDIC INSURED AND ARE SUBJECT TO RISK, INCLUDING THE LOSS OF PRINCIPAL. CLIENTS ARE ADVISED TO PERFORM OR FACILITATE THEIR OWN DUE DILIGENCE WHEN INVESTING. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN DOES NOT CONSTITUTE FINANCIAL PLANNING OR TAX ADVICE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO APPLY TO ANY INDIVIDUAL PERSON OR SITUATION. EACH PERSON SHOULD CONSULT WITH HIS OR HER OWN PERSONAL TAX ADVISOR, FINANCIAL PLANNER, ATTORNEY OR ACCOUNTANT WITH RESPECT TO SUCH INDIVIDUAL’S SPECIFIC SITUATION AND SHOULD NOT RELY UPON THIS INFORMATION WITHOUT SUCH CONSULTATION.